The simple fact of today’s world is that we live in a highly litigious society. No matter what type of business you own, you are at risk for being sued by someone for property damage or injury as a direct result of your negligence. As a business owner, the smartest move you can make is to purchase general liability insurance to protect your business and personal assets.
At Sandeen Insurance, we have 100-years of experience helping Wisconsin and Minnesota businesses of all sizes choose the right coverage to protect their assets. From tailored packages to small business owner policies, we have access to a wide selection of coverage from multiple, highly-rated insurance companies.
General Liability Insurance as a Stand-Alone Policy
For businesses with higher risks, purchasing a stand-alone general liability insurance policy is a smart idea. Such a policy will include coverage for five different categories related to liability:
- Advertising injury: Liability insurance protects against adverse advertising claims, including libel and slander.
- Bodily injury: This insurance offers coverage for injuries sustained by others while on your business property.
- Medical costs: Instead of paying out-of-pocket for medical bills related to injuries caused by you or your employees, your insurance will step in to make these payments on your behalf.
- Legal fees: Your policy will cover legal defense costs, as well as any subsequent damages and settlements.
- Property damage: Should your building or the contents inside of it be damaged, your policy will cover repair or replacement costs.
It is important to understand that your liability insurance will cover only as much as you choose when it comes to policy limits. The higher the limits you choose, the more protection you will have when it comes time to make a claim.
You can also purchase an excess liability policy, commonly known as commercial umbrella insurance, for optimum coverage in the event of a loss. Talk to our agency to learn more.
General Liability Insurance as Part of a Business Owners Policy
For smaller businesses that do not face much risk on a daily basis, purchasing a business owners policy (BOP) may be enough. A BOP packages the two main insurance policies you will need for your business: general liability insurance and commercial property insurance. The limits are generally lower and the coverage may not be as broad if you had purchased these two policies separately.
Contact Sandeen Insurance for More Information
Protect your business with a general liability insurance policy. Contact any one of our qualified agents in our Hudson office for a free quote comparison so you can choose the right coverage for you and your business.